My husband tells me to kneel down and stretch my hands before caning me, woman tells court. :




A 39-year-old petty trader, Yemisi Akinwunmi, on Friday pleaded with  Customary Court in Agege, Lagos to end her 20-year-old marriage.

 “My husband constantly beats me and whenever he wants to do so, he tells me to kneel down and stretch my hands like a pupil before caning me.

“I made effort to secure a loan for my husband from a cooperative bank to start a small business with a promise by him to pay back in installments.

 “But after a few months, he refused to pay and attempt to get him to refund the money was unsuccessful.

 “My husband started threatening to kill me and dispose of my corpse without anybody knowing. “I am fed up with the marriage; there is no love between us again. I can no longer bear the pains and humiliations,” she said.

According to him, his wife started misbehaving and became promiscuous the moment he lost his job.
Wasiu, who claimed to have caught her in the act of adultery, said, “My wife later told me that she was fed up with the union and she moved out of the house with the children sometime in 2015.

“However, after much pleading, she returned home later in 2016 only to start engaging in adultery; I have caught her on several occasions.

“My wife stopped cooking for me since July 2016 and finally moved out of the house.”

He adjourned the case to April 11 for further hearing.
Source: punchng

Popular posts from this blog

IGP Orders For Immediate Sack Of Plateau Police Commissioner

Ikoyi whistleblower not stable to receive N860m reward, he may become mad’ – Sagay

Photos: Kyari, Oyo-Ita reconcile, embrace publicly after their shouting match few days ago