Three siblings arrested for preserving beans with insecticide in Lagos.



Three siblings trading in beans on Adenekan Street, Alagbado, Lagos State, have been arrested by the police for allegedly selling “poisonous beans” to members of the public.

Owoseni disclosed that when their eldest brother and owner of the shop, Faith Ogbonna, 41, arrived, he stormed Alakuko Police Division, where his siblings were being held, and allegedly offered the Divisional Police Officer N500,000 to effect release of the suspects. However, Faith was arrested. He revealed that the act was not new, adding that in Maiduguri, Bornu State, where he usually bought bags of beans, chemicals were used to preserve them. :

According to Ebonyi State-born Faith, “I buy bags of beans in Maiduguri and bring to Lagos to sell. I saw when they use chemicals in Maiduguri to preserve beans. “When it is applied, it prevents ants from infesting the grains. Such bags of beans can last between three to six months. But I did not instruct my brother to use any chemical. “On the day in question, I was in a church in Ibadan, when I received a call that my brother had been arrested. When I got there, I was told he was mixing a particular insecticide with the grains of beans.” On his part, the suspect that was caught in the act, Chijoke Ogbona, admitted to have applied chemical and insecticide on some bags of beans.
Vanguardngr

Popular posts from this blog

IGP Orders For Immediate Sack Of Plateau Police Commissioner

Ikoyi whistleblower not stable to receive N860m reward, he may become mad’ – Sagay

Photos: Kyari, Oyo-Ita reconcile, embrace publicly after their shouting match few days ago