Being inspired by another will only limit one's creativity - BID



Lateef Sanni


A cue from recent displays on runways, shows a lot of hard work put in by Nigerian Designers. Fashion keeps evolving, each time with so much creativity. Nigeria has lots of designers with international presence as well as upcoming creative designers. 
A quick look at the industry's upcoming designers, where we had a thrilling interview with Iriemi Williams Ehimiyen, the CEO of BID fashion. He is a student and designer who has carved a niche for himself and his brand.

To #GOFupandcoming, the laudable designer talked about his Challenges, Aspirations and what inspires him . Read the interview below. 

What Inspired you to go into Fashion Designing?





My inspiration to becoming a fashion designer i could say started since I was seven or eight. It was easier for me because my mum was a designer, a very good one at that. Myself as a creative person added to my love for art, led me to becoming a fashion designer. I know that fashion is dynamic in nature, it is the one field that has evolved over time therefore improving skills and creativity. I am indeed inspired to be a fashion designer styling Adams and eves around the world.


How did you arrive at your choice of brand name (BID)?
BID is an acronym for my names Blessing, Iriemi, Dayo. So, BID is not just the brand name it's my names and it took me time and God to arrive at the name 'BID Fashion'.



What makes your business unique?
First I will say the brand name, the name of any brand has to sell it self before the product it self. To be a household brand it comes with the name and the quality of what your giving, for me I am a creator I like to sit with my clients show them some sketch outs on my system and we just make it all come to life.

How do you balance school and work? 
It's realy not easy but then the best things don't come easy. there is time for every thing so I try hard to make sure I balance it all.

Who are those you look up to?
I admire all the designers before me in d fashion industry but the truth is I have no role model. As a designer you have to be free at heart and look up to no body to be able to create your brand. Also, i discover that as a designer, being inspired by another will only limit one's creativity. This is just my opinion but what I am saying goes a long way if you are in the fashion world.

Share with us any unpleasant experience
In regrads to unpleasant experience, I once got caught up in a situation where I had to meet with someone who I was referred to and he didn't show up. It was a waste of my time and cash,  but then experience is everything for you. 


 How do you handle difficult clients? 
In handling difficult clients, I just do for them what they want and I always deliver on time be it a difficult client or not

Where do you see yourself self in the next 5 years?
In d next five years I hope to be a franchise as I work to become a house hold brand for every individual.



Instagram handle is @bid_fashion
GISTONFLAMEBLOG



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IGP Orders For Immediate Sack Of Plateau Police Commissioner

Ikoyi whistleblower not stable to receive N860m reward, he may become mad’ – Sagay

Photos: Kyari, Oyo-Ita reconcile, embrace publicly after their shouting match few days ago