I became a makeup artist in order to ease my mom's stress



We all know, perfection is what to expect when creative minds come together. #shootwithace is a platform put in place to bring creative minds, entrepreneurs and models alike together thereby rebranding and leading to their potential customers.
All kinds of entrepreneurs can fit in to SHOOT WITH ACE, 

In an interview with the convener Adeleke Omoghagbor Samuel, CEO of Acemakeovers, he discusses about his business, his life and his aspirations 

Tell us about yourself 

My name is Adeleke Omohagbor Samuel, I'm the first child out of 5, and the only son. 

Which school do you study in?
Yaba College Of Technology 

Which course are you studying ?
HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT 

What Inspired you to go into the makeup art ?
While growing up, I used to see my mum struggle with her make up and gele, so I thought I could help ease her stress because of the love I have for her, so I thought "if this could make her happy, it will make everyone else happy", so that's how it started

What Inspired your choice of brand name (acemakeovers)
ACE means Asked Child Exclusive (the "asked" came from the meaning of Samuel; a child asked from God)
and my brand isn't into make up alone, I'm a hairstylist, Fashion stylist, I help shop for wardrobe and also a nail technician 

Do you have a role model you're looking up to? 
Yes, Olabisi Osho Odewale, not everyone knows her

How long do you expect to achieve or surpass the the feat of your role model?
It's a matter of time 

What makes your business unique? 
The details of my work, everything has a meaning to me and I choose a style or work with color 

Are your parents in support of what you are doing? 
My dad doesn't because he is a pastor and a prayer warrior leader, he wants me to be a computer engineer....  And my mum She penned down (left to mum and myself *laughs*)  what i shouldn't do if am into makeup, she as been supportive  her prayers has been the major keys(left to mum and myself *laughs*) 



How do you balance school life and business life? 
It's Not easy at all, Yabatech is not easy when it comes to attendance and Assignments, but I have a way of how I plan with my course mates (SHOUT-OUT to them though  Advanced Hospital Management). 
*Do you plan to  live on this   in years to come (in place of your certificate)
Positive, YES..... It's a good brand of business 

Do you have a back up business i.e. Do you operate other business(s) asides this? 
Yes, I do little printing, fashion styling, I groom models and a little of Public relations

How do you balance them? 
I plan my schedule, sometimes, I don't know where I will be next until the every day, I time myself, and make backup plans. 

How do you cope with your competitors?
The industry is fast growing, I strategize to my potential customers and give them the best to every single client. 

Considering the economical challenges the country is facing, how is it affecting your business and how do you cope? 
God all through, he has been amazing, the brand is getting more families... 

When the recession was drawing near, what was your greatest fear If any, What allayed it?
A question popped up to my mind like are people going to makeup again....  (laughing) , but with God on my side everything is okay 

#shootwithace, what is it all about? (sigh
Shootwithace is a platform for all entrepreneurs and models , all kinds of entrepreneurs can fit in to SHOOT WITH ACE, which is to lead and rebrand them to their potential customers

What prompted #shootwithace? 
Apparently in the industry here in Nigeria, it basically into two groups, the small businesses scale entrepreneurs and the big business scale entrepreneurs, which we all know that there are some small brand that are better than the so called big brands, shoot with ace is a role call harm to potential clients to rebrand, connect, publicise, network young entrepreneurs

When was the shoot held?
11th of may 2017 at Yabatech 

How do you handle Competition /female counterparts? 
I Don't mix my feelings with my business 

Where do u see your self in the next 5 years? 
Being one of the young entrepreneur brand in Nigeria...







-Oluwakorede Adebisi, Lateef Sanni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IGP Orders For Immediate Sack Of Plateau Police Commissioner

Ikoyi whistleblower not stable to receive N860m reward, he may become mad’ – Sagay

Photos: Kyari, Oyo-Ita reconcile, embrace publicly after their shouting match few days ago